Frequently Asked Questions/Tips
Having trouble accessing the portal or have questions? Try finding your answers below. If you do not see your answer, call us at 866.495.7322 or email us at email@example.com.
Issues with Logging In
Are you using the same email registered with Pension Fund as primary method of communication?
- This is the same email address where you received your welcome email. If you’ve recently requested a change of your primary email address, then your new username is tied to your primary email address on file with Pension Fund. If you have questions, please contact call us at 866.495.7322.
Do you share an email with another person such as a spouse?
- Access to the Member Portal is unique to the individual so persons that share an email should provide Pension Fund with another new unique personal email address to access the Member Portal. This is one of the many ways we are increasing security and protecting our members’ data from fraudulent activity.
I didn’t get a welcome email
- Sometimes these emails are automatically filtered by email providers; please check your spam or junk folder first before calling us.
Is your browser up to date?
- The recommended browsers for accessing the Member Portal are: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge. Please also make sure you are using the most up-to-date version. If you have Microsoft Internet Explorer you will not be able to use the Member Portal. To see what version your browser is running on, click here. If you see your browser is outdated, please try updating your browser and then re-opening the Member Portal.
What phone number should I use to receive my security code?
- While we recommend a mobile phone for the ease of receiving your security code as a text or a phone call, it is not required. You can also use a landline to receive your security code as a phone call that will play an automated message with your security code three times. It is important that the number you choose is a direct line and not an extension.
I didn't see my phone number in the drop down on the initial login screen?
- For security purposes, we've limited the initial login screen to only numbers provided to Pension Fund previously. If you need to update or change a phone number, please call Member Relations at 866.495.7322. Security verification is required to update member information.
Security & Passwords
What if my security code is not working?
- Double clicking links will cause the security code to be invalid.
- If you have previously logged in to the Member Portal and are logging in again, make sure you are not using a security code from a prior log in that was saved as a text on your phone. A new security code is required each time you log in.
- If you continue to have issues, please call us at 866.495.7322 or watch the "How to Log In Video".
What is two-factor authentication and why is it important?
- Two-factor authentication is a security mechanism that requires two types of credentials for authentication and is designed to provide an additional layer of validation, minimizing security breaches. Security is important to Pension Fund and this added layer of security helps protect you and your account.
Why does the link expire?
- Setting your welcome email and security token to expire provides additional security that helps keep your account secure.
What happens if my link has expired?
- If the link in your welcome email expires, you can initiate a “forgot password” process. You will then receive a new security code which you will need to enter before setting up your username and password.
Initiating Online Transactions
What is the difference between initiating a transaction online through the Member Portal and doing it through the forms that are found on your website?
- Initiating your transaction online through the Member Portal is an easier and more secure way of initiating a deposit, withdraw or transfer between like Pension Fund accounts. Instead of filling out a paper form and sending it via email, mail or fax, the Member Portal has your most recent account information and can quickly accept your request.
How long will it take to review my request and process my transaction?
- The time to review and process your request is the same as with a paper form. Please review the times below:
- For withdrawals, all requests for one-time withdrawals that are received before 1:30 p.m. EST will be processed same day; and next day for any received after this time.
- Recurring distributions are setup for the 1st of the month and should be received by the 20th of any given month to begin the following month.
- For transfers between like Pension Fund accounts, all requests for one-time withdrawals that are received before 1:30 p.m. EST will be processed same day; and next day for any received after this time.
- For deposits, all requests will be processed within 5 business days.