Employer-Sponsored Retirement & Savings
Simple, worry-free retirement savings options for employers and benefit managers.
Recent trends suggest 60% of non-retirees have little or no comfort in managing their investments.* Pension Fund invests on our members’ behalf and provides the expertise, resources, and support necessary to protect them physically, spiritually, and financially. With over 14,000 members and more than $3.9 billion in assets, rest assured we’ll not only manage but securely grow your employees’ retirement savings.
Employer Satisfaction Rating**
Why Choose Pension Fund?
Experience the Pension Fund difference:
- Personalized service via dedicated Area Directors.
- Variety of complementary products for flexibility in benefits packages.
- No fees charged for management or net returns.
- Competitive, guaranteed base interest rates.
- Additional interest and credit earnings (awarded to all members) when excess reserves exist.
Benefit from being part of a "Church Plan":
- Nonprofit financial ministry with a calling to serve you (not our own pockets).
- Exempt from ERISA administrative requirements and costs.
- Values-driven approach to investing that informs investment policy and guidelines.
- Partnership with the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) to ensure socially responsible investing.
- Plans enable ministers to take advantage of housing allowance in retirement.
Help your employees achieve long-term financial wellness:
- Free financial consulting, tools, and education courses (via “Your Money Line”) available to all members.
- Death, disability, spouse, and dependent benefits available for Pension Plan participants.
- Security in knowing that for over 125 years, none of our participants has ever experienced a reduction in pension or loss in retirement accounts due to poor market performance.
- Conservative investment approach and consistent funding levels allow us to remain strong even in times of economic uncertainty.
Discover why our investment strategy means better benefits.Learn More
Explore Our Employer-Sponsored Products
The Pension Plan is a defined benefit plan that guarantees a monthly payment for life for a member (and spouse/qualified domestic partner). This product also offers the security of built-in death and disability benefits in the event a worst-case scenario becomes reality. Total dues are 14% of gross salary which is used to provide two types of benefits:
- An annual pension paid monthly in retirement (11%)
- Death & disability coverage prior to reaching retirement (3%)
Dues can be split between you and your employer, or your employer may opt to fund the entire 14%. Retired ministers may also declare housing allowance on their monthly pension distribution in retirement.
Tax-Deferred Retirement Account 403(b)/Roth 403(b)
The Tax-Deferred Retirement Account 403(b)/Roth 403(b) (TDRA 403(b)/Roth 403(b)), is a defined contribution employer-sponsored retirement savings plan that allows eligible employees to set aside a portion of their compensation on a pre-tax basis and/or on a Roth (after-tax) basis to save for retirement. Employers may make contributions to the pre-tax TDRA 403(b) as a benefit for the employee. By contributing to a 403(b), participants are able choose a savings strategy that fits their plans for retirement based on how they want to be taxed.
The 457(b) Plan is a deferred compensation retirement plan for members who want to make additional retirement plan contributions in addition to a TDRA 403(b) plan and/or Pension Plan, deferring compensation and decreasing tax liability.
The 457(b) Plan is offered to the following eligible employers: college, universities, seminaries, benevolent care centers, and non-steeples. Employees: Check with your employer to see if the 457(b) Plan is available to you.
What Our Employers Are Saying
“Pension Fund’s long history of service to ministers, churches and institutions within the Restoration Movement is one of the reasons we’ve been committed to keeping Pension Fund as an option within our employee retirement benefits.”
Johnson University (Knoxville, TN + Kissimmee, FL)
"We’ve been asked, ‘Is this for real?’ Employees really appreciate the guaranteed returns and potential for Good Experience Credits as they prepare for retirement.”
Woodhaven Learning Center (Columbia, MO)
“[We] appreciate working with Pension Fund because they give us advice that is in no way potentially colored by what is good for them individually or their income.”
Boones Creek Christian Church (Johnson City, TN)
“A variety of employees leads to a variety of needs, and Pension Fund has the ability to support a variety of needs...We wanted one company that had it all versus piecing it together or having our employees figure it out on their own.”
Central Christian College of the Bible (Moberly, MO)
“I appreciated the fact that neither I nor my employer had to juggle stocks and bonds or worry about the stability of my retirement planning.”
Rev. Dr. Keith Watkins (Indianapolis, IN)
What to Expect:
Protect your employees’ financial futures by enrolling them today.Get Started
*Source: US Federal Reserve, Report on the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households in 2018, May 2019. https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/files/2018-report-economic-well-being-us-households-201905.pdf
**Based on responses of employers who answer satisfied or very satisfied on Pension Fund's 2022 Annual Employer Satisfaction Survey.