Individual Retirement & Savings
Let’s face it: Retirement benefits and investing can be overwhelming (especially if you’re not a financial expert). With Pension Fund, we do the heavy lifting and invest on your behalf so you can focus on what you do best—serving your ministry. Then, if you want to gain a deeper understanding of your finances, we connect you with free advice and education from financial wellness experts through our partnership with Your Money Line.
of your pre-retirement salary is what experts recommend saving for yearly retirement income.
Why Choose Pension Fund?
Experience the Pension Fund difference:
- Investment experts manage and grow funds on your behalf.
- No fees charged for management or net returns.
- Competitive, guaranteed base interest rates.
- Additional interest earnings (awarded to all members) when excess reserves exist.
Benefit from being part of a ‘Church Plan’:
- Nonprofit financial ministry with a calling to serve you (not our own pockets).
- Values-driven approach to investing that informs investment policy and guidelines.
- Partnership with the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) to ensure socially responsible investing.
Enjoy perks of long-term financial wellness:
- Free financial consulting, tools and education courses (via “Your Money Line”) available to all members.
- Security in knowing that for over 125 years, none of our participants have ever experienced a reduction in pension or loss in retirement accounts due to poor market performance.
- Conservative investment approach and consistent funding levels allow us to remain strong even in times of economic uncertainty.
Discover why our investment strategy means better benefits.Learn More
Explore Our Individual Retirement & Savings Products
Individual Retirement Accounts (Traditional IRA & Roth IRA)
For those who want to save more to retire comfortably, an IRA provides flexibility based on your income and how you want to receive funds in retirement. With a Roth IRA, you receive your funds tax-free, and with a Traditional IRA, your earnings grow tax-deferred until retirement. Both allow rollover funds and eligibility for spouses to open their own accounts.
Benefit Accumulation Account
Our Benefit Accumulation Account (BAA) is a high-yield savings product that allows you to save for expected—or unexpected--life expenses and easily access funds without penalties or fees. This additional savings tool provides a financial cushion for emergency funds, health care costs, housing expenses, travel costs and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, all employees working for an organization affiliated with the Stone-Campbell (Restoration) Movement are eligible to participate in our products. These organizations include (but aren't limited to) congregations, wider ministries, seminaries, universities, and colleges associated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Christian Churches/Churches of Christ and Churches of Christ in the United States. A self-employed minister can also participate if ministerial services are being compensated.
For employer-sponsored products:
In a participation agreement between your employer and Pension Fund, your employer will define eligibility requirements for organizational and employee participation in the Pension Plan. You or a representative for your employer may contact your dedicated Area Director to create a participation agreement (view a map of regional Area Directors here).
For individual retirement & savings:
Pension Fund will need a completed enrollment form with the amount you wish to contribute. If you are a current member with access to the Member Portal, you can enroll securely online by logging into your portal and submitting your enrollment application online. You may also download our enrollment form and mail, email or fax a copy to Pension Fund.