June is Men’s Mental Health Month: 5 Ways for Men to Focus on Their Mental Health
This article is brought to you by our partners at Learn to Live. Learn to Live is a free wellness and mental health service offered to all Pension Fund members who are active ministers and their household members (spouse and children) over the age of 13. Learn more on our Learn to Live page.
It’s Men’s Mental Health Month. Did you know that men are less likely to receive mental health treatment than women? Or that men are more likely to die by suicide than women? It’s time for a change!
Men, help us change the statistic by taking a moment this month to focus on your well-being! Here are a few ideas:
- Take care of yourself: Make time for activities that improve your well-being. Try exercise, meditation or spending time in nature.
- Talk to someone: Talk to a friend, family member or co-worker about mental health. Share your experiences and encourage others to do the same. By talking about mental health openly, we can help reduce the stigma surrounding it.
- Learn about your mental health: Take time to learn about mental health and how it affects men. Complete a program like the Learn to Live’s Depression or Insomnia options. Look for a mental health event in your community.
- Take an assessment at Learn to Live: Discover which mental health struggles may be touching your life. Learn to Live has a free 5-minute assessment available immediately.
- Find help: If you are struggling with mental health problems, don’t be afraid to ask for help. It’s a sign of strength, not weakness.
Remember that mental health is important for everyone, regardless of gender. By taking care of our mental health, we can improve our overall well-being and lead happier, more fulfilling lives.
We can help.
In our ongoing effort to reduce stigma around mental health, it’s important that everyone encourages men to be open to talking about their feelings and be aware of their symptoms. Learn to Live offers support that is free of charge all year long. Start a self-paced digital program for Stress, Anxiety & Worry, Depression, Social Anxiety, Insomnia or Substance Use —or connect with an expert, supportive coach.
Get started today by visiting our Learn to Live page. If you’re already a member, simply sign in with your username and password.
Gifts by generous donors to Ministerial Relief and Assistance (MRA) make programs like Learn to Live possible. Learn more about MRA here.